- Ensure all items are packed in boxes since they take up less space and leave the rest for a lots of other stuff
- Remember to not to make boxes very heavy. Books can be real offender at times and must be distributed evenly in all boxes
- Fragile items like crockery, glassware, jars, art pieces and statues must be packed with plenty of wrapping (newspapers, blankets, towels, bubble wrap) and must be marked FRAGILE
- CDs and records must be packed vertically instead of flat
- Take apart large items like bed frames, dressers, dining table, outdoor furniture, etc
- Pack all screws, bolts and accessories in a separate plastic bag and tape it to the item they belong to
- Cover up all mirrors in bubble wrap, cardboard or blankets
- Roll carpets and rugs and tape them up
- Pack separately all personal documents, jewelry and other valuable items and transport them yourself
- Create a master list of all items you are moving so you can double check them all at the time of loading and unloading
- If you have enough time, create a list of all items in the boxes packed. It may get handy when sorting out things at destination
Useful Moving Tips:
We do all the tough job for you on the day of the move. However few preparations may make the job get smooth and less time consuming for all of us. We have enlisted a few reference tips when you book a Cheap Removalist:
# MOVING CHECKLIST – Always create a checklist of items you want to move prior to the date of moving. This will help you keep things organized when relocating house.
# PACKING TIPS – Packing stuff in Moving Boxes ensures best use of space in the moving trucks thus leaving a lots of room for lots of other items to be loaded in the same trip. The task of Obtaining Free Moving Boxes gets easy going to nearest Bunnings Warehouse. Else you can buy Moving Boxes from nearest Self Storages and Online Shops. Fragile things like Mirror or Glass must be bubble wrapped prior to moving. Other stuff can also be packed into Black Rubbish Bags.
# STORAGE must be arranged before our Mover comes to you. It may get very time consuming if previous arrangements have not been made.
# PARKING – Many apartment buildings in Melbourne CBD or surrounding areas do not have sufficient parking facilities for the moving to be convenient for you and us. This may result in extra time be taken while loading and unloading the goods. Please note that all parking charges or parking infringements will be the responsibility of the client and not the mover.
# PAYMENT – We prefer all the payments to be made in Cash at the end of the move. So keep enough cash on hand on the day of moving or withdraw some from ATM on the way to the drop point. Extra time taken to get cash after completing the drop will also be charged.
# MINOR ISSUES – Items that you want to move on your own to save time and money must be kept aside from what our mover is supposed to move. Arrange care for your pets or children if any for the day of moving. Always check all items have been unloaded and nothing is missing or forgot in the moving vehicle.
# FURNITURE – Thinking about updating your office or study when you move? We suggest using Progressive Office Furniture in Melbourne. Their high quality office furniture comes with 5 or 10 year guarantees and it can all be delivered to your new home, ready for you when you move in. Contact them on 03 9329 4566.